The SIRSLab focuses on human centred robotics research and is established at the Department of Information Engineering and Mathematics of University of Siena and is coordinated by Prof. Domenico Prattichizzo (https://prattichizzoblog.wordpress.com). The SIRSLab is very active in the field of Robotics in Italy, and its main focus is on haptics, wearables, virtual reality, and robotic grasping and manipulation. Main research subjects are:
– control of robotic manipulation and grasping
– bilateral human-robot tele manipulation
– wearable haptic interfaces and wearable robots
– applications of AR and VR
– rehabilitation robotics with application to stroke and parkinson
– telepresence and remote tactile interaction
Our vision is to design highly wearable robotic/haptic interfaces to propose novel paradigms of integration between humans and robots.
The SIRSLab closely cooperates with the Advanced Robotics Lab of the Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia in Genova.
For any additional information about our research and opportunities to work with us send an email to email@example.com.
--- Professor of Robotics, University of Siena Senior Scientist, IIT Genova IEEE Fellow email: firstname.lastname@example.org www: https://prattichizzoblog.wordpress.com phone: +39 329 2606659 skype: domenico.prattichizzo hangouts: email@example.com ---